What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum to provide new, ‘substantial primary school sport funding’. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
How Have West Borough Primary School Decided to Spend the Sports Funding?
The PE leader at West Borough has rigorously driven sport development for both pupils and staff. Regular and in-depth celebratory events take place in Friday Assemblies. The school has also achieved School Games Bronze Award and is now actively working towards Silver. Parents are encouraged to celebrate in their children’s in school and out of school achievements.
· This report will be updated at the end of each academic year to identify the success of our initiatives and the impact they have had.
· Delivery will be monitored by the PE leader in the first instance. This will be overseen and managed at a Senior Leadership level
· We will monitor the take-up of extra-curricular activities
· Monitoring will include observations of teaching, drop-ins to clubs run by school staff, volunteers and outside agencies to ensure that provision is of high quality
· A report will be made to Governors 3 times a year