At West Borough Primary School, our school meals are cooked on site and are priced at £2.25 a day.
All meals must be booked and paid for in advance using the Parent Portal. All Free School Meals must also be booked via the Portal.
Since September 2014, every child in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools now receives a free school lunch.
School menus are now measured against tough national standards, so by choosing school meals for your child, you know they’re being offered healthy, tasty dishes to fuel them up for the afternoon.
Free School Meals - All year groups
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Pupils who are eligible for free school meals are also entitled to additional support within school through Pupil Premium Funding.
If you wish to apply for a free school dinner for your child please click on the link below or pop into the school office.
If your child has chosen to have a packed lunch, here is a poster of what we expect you to pack for their lunch: Please remember that we are a NUT FREE SCHOOL.
YOU MUST NOT SEND IN ANY ITEMS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
NO - Packs of nuts, peanut butter sandwiches/rolls/wraps, chocolate spread sandwiches/rolls/wraps, fruit and cereal bars that contain nuts, chocolate bars or sweets that contain nuts, sesame seed rolls, cakes made with nuts
Please consider how much food you provide, as there should only be the amount you would expect your child to eat in about 20 minutes. We also ask there is no chocolate or sweets in their lunchbox and only water is permitted to drink.
Thank you for your support.